I have some big plans for 2020, and to that end, I’m hiring!
I’m looking to train a marketing intern for this paid internship position. Book marketing is a big issue on every writer’s mind. I have conversation after conversation with writers in my editorial business, on the traditional and indie tracks, all about how to market themselves and their work.
Marketing isn’t just social media or printing bookmarks. And contrary to popular belief, marketing isn’t guaranteed with a book deal, not even for traditionally published writers. And how do writers market themselves before they’re published? Ack!
I’m looking for the right candidate to help me build a marketing extension of the Good Story Company. This will start as a paid internship, and will grow to a half-time or even full time position over time. There will be a heavy teaching and training component, but the right person will come to the table with experience and ideas of their own.
- Age 18 and over
- Legally able to work in the United States (unfortunately, for legal reasons, I’m not able to hire from outside of the US)
- Have 8-10 hours available per week to devote to the internship
- Be familiar with Slack and the G-Suite of tools
- Have at least one year of existing experience in marketing—I’m looking to train up the right candidate, but I do want them to bring something to the table (not necessarily in book marketing)
In order to apply for this position, which will start in late January 2020, please submit the following:
- Your latest and greatest resume
- A cover letter that details your interest in this position
- A sample marketing plan for a writer, traditionally published book, or independently published book—if you don’t know how to make one, do a little research online and give it your best shot!
Please send this combination (attachments are okay) to:
with the subject line “Marketing Internship” by January 10th, 2020, noon Central time. Late submissions will be deleted unread.
Diverse applicants are encouraged, as long as they meet the eligibility requirements! Starting pay for this internship will be $12/hr. This is a remote, web-based internship. I can’t wait to hear from you!
About That Marketing Thing…
I’m also planning a marketing class for writers in early 2020. If you’re interesting in getting on the waiting list or receiving more information, please sign up for the email list for this marketing class here.